Friday, January 7, 2011

New patterns!





Woot! The new Simplicity and McCall's patterns are finally posted online. Every time Joann has a pattern sale, I look though the pattern catalogues again and again, so a little newness is much appreciated.

I thought about going through and listing all the patterns that I have no idea why they were even made, but that's just mean spirited and, honestly, would take way too long. So between the two companies, here are the patterns I may just pick up at the next sale...

Starting with McCall's. Something about their aesthetic just does not appeal to me, but I did find a couple maybes at least:

I do love the gather in the center of the bust, but the issue is I have no idea how to fit a knit, and RTW tops like that always ride up on me. A maybe, but not super excited.

It's like the Pendrell blouse on crack. But I do think the Pendrell blouse is much prettier, so I don't think I'll even bother buying this one.

Now onto Simplicity. More luck here, with a couple maybes and a definite winner. Side note: no pictures here because Simplicity feels the need to hide their images behind flash, and I'm much too lazy to try to work around it.

I find the Project Runway line has a lot of interesting patterns. I like how the princess seams turn into pleats on the skirt.

Clearly from the prom dress collection, but could be cute with a longer skirt and a tone-on-tone sheer over opaque. I'm currently infatuated with the idea of a darker sheer over a lighter base, where the sheer gets darker in spots because of gathers or pleats. Not sure if this dress is exactly what I'm looking for though, seeing as I'm older than 16.

And finally, the winner:
I lovelovelove the woven detail (obviously, since that's the plan for the wedding dress). I'm a touch nervous about the fit on the model in the picture, there's a bulge under her armpit, but I'm hoping that's just because she lacks curves and the dress wasn't exactly fit for her. And of course, I'll leave out the little pile of fabric on the shoulder. I get ruffles or flowers, but when did a folded strip of fabric become a popular embellishment?

Now to wait for a pattern sale...


No comments: