Saturday, October 16, 2010

Alice in Wonderland







Since I already have a poufy light blue tea-length dress (well, it will be poufy soon), I figured just make an apron/pinafore to complete the look, and then I get a new apron out of the deal. I'm starting with Simplicity 3752, and making a combination of views A and B out of some white cotton-ey stuff I bought a while ago. I'm making to bodice from A, because it's relatively simple and comes closer to the pinafore look with a simple waistband. Then I'm using the skirt from A, but only the center section. I figure I just leave the seam allowance open (who cares about raw edges for Halloween?), and then add the sides later. It may end up a little hackey, but I'm willing to sacrifice quality on a Halloween costume and simple apron. With the way I cook, it'll shortly be so covered in food stains that it really doesn't matter.

No comments: