Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pitcher's Duel

So very excited for Lincecum - Halladay tonight. I scheduled my experiments just so I could be home in time to watch. I just hope Lincecum's blister doesn't affect him.

Of course, it's one of those matchups that can never live up to the hype. Witness Pedro-Roger in the ALCS where Roger left in the third. Not that I mindthe Rocket getting lit up against the Sox. So I guess if it's not meant to be a pitcher's duel tonight, I'll just root for Halladay to be the one getting lit up.

It's hard rooting for the Giants in the postseason. I mean, it's easy, of the teams left, I want them to win, but it feels so weird for the team I'm pulling for to not be the Sox. And I don't really know the Giants players all that well, so I'm constantly asking "who's that guy?" The whole not wearing names on the jersey is all well and good for those who know the players, but not so much for me. Sigh.

At any rate, get out there Timmy and earn yourself a nice post-game smoke. You're back in Cali now, all you can get is a ticket.

No comments: